SimaPro LCA Versions
The SimaPro family allows you to implement Life Cycle Assessment in a flexible way. SimaPro can grow with the increasing importance of LCA in your organization. We offer both professional and educational versions, with single user (standalone) or multi-user licenses.
- SimaPro Compact for quick results
- SimaPro Analyst for detailed LCA studies
- SimaPro Developer to create dedicated LCA tool
- Classroom version (multi-user)
- Faculty or campus license
- Advanced PhD version
Educational versions may only be used by academic institutions for teaching purposes and can not be used for commercial activities including paid research. You can simply upgrade an educational license to a professional license.
Indefinite or Temporary Licenses
SimaPro can be purchased as indefinite license or as a temporary license.
A temporary license is an ideal solution if:
- You want to test SimaPro before purchasing an indefinite license, or want to run a first LCA project and investigate if it is a useful tool.
- You need temporary expansion of the capacity to run a complex LCA project. This is especially useful with a multi-user version.
- You want a temporary upgrade to a higher version (for example the Developer version, to develop Wizards).
After expiration of a temporary license, the software will run in demo mode. You can still access and print your data but no longer edit them.
Temporary licenses come with a service contract included.
To get started with your LCA projects, SimaPro comes inclusive of several inventory databases with thousands of processes, plus the most important impact assessment methods. You do not have to spend time on collecting general data, and you can focus on the important issues of your study.
The SimaPro software can be run in various languages. Current languages available are English US, English UK, Italian, Spanish, French, Danish, German and Dutch. More translations will become available over time.
Databases, help and manuals are only available in English and are not translated. A fully Japanese version of SimaPro is available through our Japanese partner, Koichi.