3Pillars S-ROI Software
Sustainability Return on Investment -Evaluating your real triple bottom line!
In many organizations, professionals across functions are struggling to reconcile the need for financial returns with their commitment to sustainability. By using Sustainability ROI (S-ROI) to look through the lens of your stakeholders, EarthShift can help you assess and compare investment opportunities and justify your commitments to socially and environmentally responsible corporate or institutional activity, while minimizing risk and maximizing profitability.
When you conduct S-ROI analysis, you must capture relevant data in a tool that allows you to analyze potential returns from an environmental, social, and financial perspective for each stakeholder involved. Typically, an S-ROI engagement involves an in-person workshop where multiple affected stakeholders gather physically in a room to assess a project or situation. The 3Pillars software platform, developed by EarthShift, was designed to facilitate S-ROI assessments using advanced uncertainty and probability analysis and social networking tools.
3Pillars enables a facilitator to enter and analyze data from an S-ROI workshop, or to open up a virtual discussion to take the place of the workshop. Alternatives, scenarios, and costs and benefits are easily entered into a simple and intuitive graphic user interface.
Other benefits of using 3Pillars include:
- Guides the facilitator through data entry for costs, benefits, and scenarios for rapid modeling and robust analysis
- Enables multiple stakeholders or their representatives to comment on costs and scenarios through an easy, online interface
- Facilitates online discussion to supplement or replace the need for an in-person workshop
- Gives you the ability to include uncertain and intangible costs and benefits, including externalities
- Allows you to identify and evaluate potential alternatives to the decision being analyzed
The 3Pillars tool includes a powerful Monte Carlo analysis capability, which gives the user a visual picture of the future, including best case, worst case, and a range of probabilities for each model. Models can be copied and modified to reflect results for different stakeholders.
Other features of 3Pillars include:
- Dashboard for at-a-glance view of projects and results
- Online format for easy use by multiple stakeholders or their representatives around the globe, including copy function to facilitate stakeholder analysis
- Modeling of traditional return on investment using both certain and uncertain costs
- Capability to include capital investments with a variety of depreciation schedules
- Ability to model uncertain events using clearly identified scenarios, and to cascade those probabilities
- Inclusion of Type I, II, III, IV, and V costs of the Total Cost Assessment and S-ROI methodologies
- Probabilities and probability ranges for scenarios
- Ability to enter costs and benefits using various uncertainties:
- No uncertainty
- Allows multiple assessment results:
- By costs
- By cost type (traditional or contingent/intangible)
- By NPV by Cost
- By NPV by Scenario
- By NPV by Alternative
- Ability to define discount rate, tax rate, analysis before or after taxes
*Reporting feature in development
Firefox Version 9 or higher, Chrome, or Internet Explorer Version 8 or higher